June 25, 2005

Phantom of the Opera

My mother has surprized my son with tickets to see "Phantom of the Opera" at ASU Gammage Auditorium. My son and I watched the film (recent one) and he was just mesmerized by the music. In fact, after the movie was over, he headed straight to the computer to find sheet music for the musical. He has since learned to play several pieces from the stage production.

I have never seen the musical. My parents went to see it when it first came out and starred Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman. They said it was fantasic! ASU Gammage is a great auditorium and I have seen several productions there (Kenny G. and Les Miserables). It should be a super outing.

Ps. We will be in the bleacher seats -- aka -- the nosebleed section as the tickets for this production are quite pricey. Nonetheless, it should be a wonderful experience for my son to see a live production of a broadway musical.

No comments: