August 19, 2005

Travel Log - Day 9

We spent a full day hiking in Glacier and I have to say that I have never felt so alive. I often suffer from allergies and other ailments (IBS, CFS, Fibro) and was a bit worried that all the walking, hiking and generally just being away from home would end up really taking a toll on my physical well-being. But I found the contrary to be true. I loved the early morning hours, when dh and ds were still asleep in the cabin, and I took to taking a walk through our campground or just sitting in the lawn chair reading my bible and praying. Leaving behind all the stress and strain of life was such a blessing to all of us. DH relaxed, ds journalled and drew, we played family games, roasted marshmellows, and just enjoyed being together.


The landscape of Glacier N.P.



Hidden Lake, Glacier N.P.

Today we hiked from Logan Pass Visitor center to Hidden Lake. Considered to be a moderate hike, I found the altitude to be most troublesome. The air is thin and cold at this elevation and the more we hiked, the harder I puffed (I do have Asthma). It was a long hike but well worth it. The water really was this color blue.

No comments: