January 17, 2006

A Day In My Life

I have been blogging around today (while DS does school) and have been thinking of creating a homeschool blog/journal for our curriculum. My idea is to have a blog where I can post what we do every single day - sort of an online journal. I think it would be great to see it all planned out and to be able to follow along each month and see where we have been and where we are going. I am just not sure how to go about doing it.

That's whats been on my mind today. I wish I could be really deep, you know, deeply thinking and deeply invested into something of value. This is not to say that I don't consider my role as wife, mother, homeschooler to be valuable - I do. It is everything to me. But there is a part of me that wants so much to be 'deeper.' I have committed myself to self-education (through my Arete Classical Study group), am reading the Bible more consistently, studying Apologetics, but something seems to be missing. I am not sure what exactly. I have been in prayer over it, questioning the Lord and asking for His guidance. I just feel like I need to be doing something, thinking about something, writing about something...I don't know. Have you ever felt like you were in the wilderness and were totally safe but just in a fog? That is how I feel. I don't feel lost or confused (I am at peace) but I have this sense of something more. It is really weird and hard to explain.

Well, today, I had a vision of getting everything figured out. I thought I would just make myself figure it out -- you know apply the 'little grey cells' and make them work! So far it is 1:00 and I am still clueless.

Things I have accomplished today:

Got up
Got Dressed (yea!)
Cleaned the mouse cage (Yea!)
Had Breakfast
Checked email and read my web logs
Got DS started on school
Hid from a sales person who pounded on my door (didn't want to talk to them about fixing our peeling paint)
Told DS to stop riding his scooter in the office
Priced out some new curriculum
Checked email again and blogged some more
Checked DS's school work
Felt lonely and lost so I blogged some more

Ok, so only a couple more hours to go...

How was your day?

2 comments:

tootlepip said...

I feel we are two peas in a pod. When I read your writing, I sometimes hear my own voice. Hang in there!

School Marm said...

You can be in my pod anytime! :o)