February 11, 2006

Sacrifice Praise


"Know, recognize, and understand therefore this day and turn your [mind and] heart to it that the Lord is God in the heavens above and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." ~Deuteronomy 4:39

Praising God starts your day right. Start thanking God as soon as you get out of bed in the morning. Hebrews 13:15 says, "Let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name."

Jesus said, "Whoever believes in mem as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him" (John 7:38 NIV). Acknowledge the Lord, and drink that living water.


I read this short devotional (Joyce Meyer's "Starting Your Day Right") yesterday. I really needed to hear the Lord's word because lately I have not been praising him and thanking him for everything he does in my life. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed and have written about my feelings of either losing control or trying very hard to take control of various areas, from home to work to school. Anyway, this passage of scripture reminded me that my number one priority is to give a 'sacrifice of praise' to the Lord every moment of the day. I am humbled because I know that the root cause of all these feelings is that I have taken my eyes off the prize, the Lord, and placed them squarely on myself. When I look into my own life, all I see is the impossibility of everything. But when I look into God's face and sit in His presence, I can "know and understand" that with God all things are possible.


We bring the sacrifice of praise,
Into the house of the Lord,
We bring the sacrifice of praise,
Into the house of the Lord,

And we offer up to You,
The sacrifices of thanksgiving.
And we offer up to You,
The sacrifices of joy.


Praise the Lord for He is so Good!

1 comment:

Dawn ; ) said...

Oh that men would hear and praise their God. Thank you dear friend. I will praise Him with my whole heart and proclaim His goodness to all.

Be blessed.