March 24, 2006

Choosing God

"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him and that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection, which it exerts over believers." ~Philipians 3:10 (AMP)

This is my favorite scripture. The Amplified Bible clearly expresses the "action" involved in God's word upon the life of the believer. It also reinforces the believer's role in applying scriptural truth. I have come to recognize that while God's love and mercy are given freely to me (not of anything I do or have done), to experience God's power and presence does require something on my part. I must "determine" to know Him and in doing so, God will progressively reveal Himself to me. Experiencing God's power and presence is a daily *CHOICE* each and every believer must make.

So often we feel power "powerless" or defeated. We feel we have no control over circumstances or situations that come our way. We feel lost or as though God is not there. God is always consistent and His Word tells us that He will never leave us nor will He forsake us. However, we must choose to seek him. It is a matter of determination -- to purposely and with diligence to seek after Him. He has promised us that if we seek Him, we will find Him.

No comments: