November 29, 2006

I am so excited...

We put up our Christmas lights and tree the other day, and in the process, I uncovered one of of our many "missing" boxes of books! When we moved to this house (7 years ago), we downsized (left a 2000sq. ft. house for one with under 1000sqft.). We couldn't put all our books out so some of them were packed away. Our hope was to get some more bookshelves so that we could bring them back out after we got settled in. I have been missing a few special books and know they are put away "somewhere." Well, now that DS is 13 and very capable at climbing into the smallest spaces, I recruited him to pull out all the holiday boxes. As he did all the hard work, I was able to spy two boxes that look familiar. Yippee! There they were...tucked away behind some very heavy furniture and other "immovable" things (why do we have such things in storage -- ugh!) Among my treasure finds...The Cost of Discipleship, The Normal Christian Life, several Fritz Ridenour books, one Francis Schaeffer title (though not the one I really wanted) and an assortment of quality studies on old and new testament books. It was like a trip to the bookstore -- but one that was just inside my small but crammed storage area! Hooray! I now have about half-dozen good books to add to my updated Reading List!

1 comment:

tootlepip said...

Hurray for You!