April 16, 2007

Scheduling Woes

I am once again stuck in "scheduling mode" and it is driving me crazy. I have this intense desire to plan everything out to the nth degree but whenever I sit down to do it, I get this uneasy feeling like the task is going to be too difficult for me. I know that it has to do with my V/S learning style -- I can see what I want our year to look like but find plotting the details to be excruciatingly difficult. I am not a details person and tend to "fly by the seat of my pants" a lot. I know that we need to be scheduled and organized because whenever use a schedule, we actually get a lot more done each day. However, the whole task is just daunting to me.

I have used Home School Tracker Plus (http://www.tghomesoft.com) before and it does work but I don't like the way the reports print out. I think I am going to give it a try again since it is a solid database program and it will keep us organized.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy planning and flying by the seat of my pants. More definatley gets done with a schedule and plans done. I also believe planning and organization is the key to greater productivity, frugality and peace. God created order out of chaos.

We have talked before about being planning junkies. You might find this a bit funny, we were having a putluck for our last evening of Dave Ramsey Finanicial Peace University at church but it wasn't a planned potluck. You know the kind, where someone brings the dessert and someone else does the salad. Well not knowing what others were going to bring just killed me. I almost started calling people to coordinate things. One must have a plan!!!!

Anyway sometimes starting trying plan takes longer. Once the framework is in place it is easier to fill in the dots.

Christy