April 10, 2007

Serving God

I just had to share a moment...



I teach Awana at my church and this evening I had the most wonderful opportunity to see the love of God expressed on the face of a very small child. I love Awana for that very reason but this was so much cooler!!

We have had some of our high school missionaries come into our council time (worship/story time) and share what they will be doing this summer on their missions trip. So far we have had 6 girls and 2 boys come and share with our K-2nd graders. The girls who spoke tonight will be going to Alaska (to a camp) and to the Dominican Republic this summer so they talked about how they will be serving the Lord, what the focus is of their trip, etc.

Afterwards, a little boy came up to me, a kindergartner (about 5), and asked me if he could help me next week. I am the director of our Sparks club and each night I hand out awards, introduce our speaker, etc. At first I was a little unsure of what he meant so I asked him:

"Honey, what do you want to do?"
"Help you"
"Help me with what?"
"Help you with stuff"

so I said Ok and then out popped the most beautiful thing from his mouth. He said:

"I want to Serve God"

I was almost in tears because you know...out of the mouths of babes and all. I had my co-director tell him (after we had discussed what he could do to help us) that next week he could serve God by handing out awards during our council time. He was overjoyed and so excited that he was going to be serving God just like the big kid missionaries.

God is so good.

No comments: