November 29, 2007

Taco Bowl Recipe

I found this recipe on Yahoo this morning and thought it would make a quick and easy dinner for our family. I changed the recipe a little, but basically it is the same as the one posted online.


Flour Tortillas
1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 cup Salsa or Picante sauce
1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 cups chopped lettuce
1 cup chopped tomatoes

I like to cook my ground beef in a skillet and usually brown in onion and green pepper. This is my standard procedure that I use for most any ground-beef type recipe. Mix in salsa or picante sauce. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Microwave tortillas on HIGH 30 sec. or until softened. Press 1 tortilla into each of eight medium muffin cups to form a bowl. Carefully fold edges of tortilla back to keep an opening for the filling. Bake 10 min. Fill with meat mixture and top with lettuce, tomatoes and shredded cheese.

No comments: