January 2, 2008

New Year Resolutions

I am not very good at keeping my new year resolutions, but every year, I still seem to make them. This year my resolutions revolve around my waistline (losing 15lbs) and getting more into shape. Last year, due to a lot of stressful situations, found myself heavier than I have been for a while. I also stopped walking, something I enjoy doing normally. So this 2008, my goal is to get back into my walking routine and to really watch what I eat (I lost 35lbs in 2001 on Weight Watchers). I will do the "points" thing again as it worked well for me and is very easy to do. I may sign up and go to the meetings again as well. My hope is to not focus so much on the number (scale), but rather how I feel. I do want to fit into my clothing and to feel comfortable in them. However, I am more interested in feeling better, overall healthwise, than really being a certain size.

My 2008 prayer/verse is from Psalm 57:1 AMP:

BE MERCIFUL and gracious to me, O God, be merciful and gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge and finds shelter and confidence in You; yes, in the shadow of Your wings will I take refuge and be confident until calamities and destructive storms are passed.

Oh, yes Lord! You are my confidence and it is in you that I place my trust and hope!

3 comments:

Shari said...

One of my resolutions involves the waistline, too. I've started the Lose it for Life book and workbook by Steven Arterburn. It's a holistic approach to weight loss that includes your emotional, spiritual, and mental well being. I'm finding that I have emotional reasons why I overeat, that I have to deal with.

ShilohMom said...

Yes, this is the main reason I overeat as well. I never really had any problem keeping my weight in check until I hit my 30s. I gained a little bit, but with a modest diet and some exercises, I could lose the extra pounds very quickly. I went through a very difficult time in the late 1990s and I found myself eating to compensate for loneliness and depression. I gained 35 lbs over a two year period. Weight Watchers helped me to lose the weight and I kept it off for four years. I went through another crises in 2005 and since then, have added back 20lbs. It doesn't help that I am 45 now and I work part-time at the computer. I would have thought that working from home and home schooling would give me plenty of time to workout and get outside. Not true! I am more sedentary now than ever before!

Dawn ;) said...

Hello dear lady ~ I'm so glad to hear from you, I've missed our talks. Btw ~ I've tagged you for some fun, won't you join me:
http://gentleartoflearning.blogspot.com/2008/01/7-random-facts-meme.html

ps ~ I'll email you later tonight. ;D