May 22, 2008

A Visit to My House

I was tagged by my friend at Bona Vita Rusticanda Est to play a little "get to know you" game.

Her idea:

"People who visit us get a taste of who we are, what we're into, and what we're like. I notice that my kids tend to show new visitors the same computer things they like, or play music for them that they love that our guests have probably never heard, and offer the same snacks.Since there are lots of people I know via the internet who may never get the chance to visit us, I thought I'd offer a virtual glimpse of a visit to our house."

So...If you came to our house--

You would see:
Quilts and more quilts and lots of county clutter (working on that part). You would also hopefully NOT be allergic to cats (we have three). You would also find our house generally a mess, but comfortable (no issues with spilled drinks or table rings)
Books and lots of them
Computers and lots of them

We'd probably feed you:
Pizza and salad
Roast with potatoes
Something home made like quick bread, brownies or cookies

And offer you this to drink:
Pepsi (DH's favorite), Lemonade (always), or Tea/Coffee

We'd undoubtedly ask if you'd read:
Any good books, especially Christian devotional titles
DH would want to discuss current issues

We'd want to play this music for you:
Classical or whatever DJ is learning on the piano at the moment
Celtic or instrumental music

We'd want to tell you the latest about:
What is happening in our family
About our church or our pastor's latest sermon (excellent!)
Ask what is happening in your life

We'd probably suggest a game of:
Golf (not with clubs -- cards) or Chicken Foot

We might show off:
Our cats (they are so cute), especially Winston, who can play fetch
DJ's piano playing

We might get on the computer and show you:
Since we are on the computer all day (business), we would probably NOT take you
out to our office (big mess!)

If it was a long enough visit, we might watch:
O'Reilly or Glenn Beck
Lord of the Rings (no, not again!)
Sports -- any kind, even in foreign languages!

I am afraid your visit might be kind of boring, but you would be welcome to visit us and we would try and make you feel right at home :)

I hate tagging so I will have to see if I can tag: Tootles, Dawn, Dawne

1 comment:

Dawne said...

Here is mine! :)

http://oneroomhomeschool.blogspot.com/2008/05/visit-to-my-house.html