September 18, 2008

Mug O' Cake

I got this recipe from Kathy at By Word of Their Testimony. I haven't tried it yet, but think I will this weekend. Enjoy!

Most Dangerous Chocolate Cake in the World

1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons plain flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well with a fork. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and continue to mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake might rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

ENJOY! (This can serve 2 if you want to share!)

From Carol: my two cents additions...Add a small candy like a Butterfinger, Snickers or Three Muskateers to the cup. Top with whip cream and caramel sauce for a really disgustingly good treat!

Here is another similar recipe from

Things You’ll Need:
  • Microwave
  • 1 package instant pudding mix (4 servings)
  • Microwave-safe coffee mugs
  • Vegetable oil
  • Non-stick cooking spray
  • Water
  • Confectioner’s sugar
  • 1 egg per serving
  • 1 package cake mix (18 ounces)
  • Powdered cocoa
  • 1 tbsp water per serving
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil per serving
  • 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar per serving
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder per serving

Combine the cake mix and instant pudding mix in a large bowl and blend with a whisk. This is the cake mix.

Combine the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa in another bowl and blend with a whisk. This is the glaze mix.

Spray the insides of microwave-safe mugs with non-stick cooking spray.

Put 1/2 cup of the cake and pudding mix in each mug.

Add 1 egg, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon water to each mug then mix.

Microwave on High for 2 minutes.

Prepare the glaze by adding 1 teaspoon of milk per 1/3 cup of glaze mix.

Pour glaze over the cake as soon as you remove it from the microwave.

No comments: