July 13, 2009

Missing My Boy

Just a quick note to say that today is Monday, July 13th and I am already missing my boy. We took our son to the airport yesterday for his trip to Knoxville, TN. He is attending the national youth conference for the Evangelical Covenant Church. I am sure he is not missing his mother (he is almost 16, ya know!), but I cannot help but miss him.

Note: The pic at left is of DJ (his friend, Blake, is next to him) taken at CHIC on Tuesday p.m.

I love the fact that we get to spend our entire day together -- home schooling. I love our conversations, which often are not about school subjects (but the things that interest him). I love the fact that as he is growing up, he is turning out to be a pretty neat young man. I am well pleased with his maturity, and his understanding of his place in the world. My prayer for him this week, is that he will make some life-long friendships, deepen his relationship with the Lord, and come away with a renewed sense of purpose and meaning in his life.

God is so good! I know that He will care for him (and me) this entire week! Thank you, Jesus, for your faithful love and care in our lives!!

No comments: