April 13, 2010

Giving Praise

Today was a very good day for me. It started slowly, but then seemed to zip right on by without a whole lot of difficultly. Other than some frustration at cello practice (with my son trying to help me with my timing, and me, being old and resistant to new things...Well, it was not pleasant at all! Good news...I am getting better and my son is so wonderful and patient with me! What a good boy!!)

We had our first "retainer" check up today, and I was concerned that DS was not wearing his retainers as much as he should. He is a 16, almost 17 year old boy, and he eats constantly. I was worried that with all that eating, his retainer wearing was suffering (he is to wear them full-time). He got a very good check up, hooray, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Nothing new, just keep on wearing them. Next check up is in 6-weeks -- a good thing, a good sign, and a very relieved Mom!

I also did some shopping at Walmart (I should own stock there -- I go there almost every day), and then worked on my son's transcript for potential school next year. I finally have his schooling under control, and it (school) is going so well. I am so pleased with his willingness to add in some extra tough books, stick to our program, and finish these courses. I also feel so good, just knowing that I have my teacher book all in order. This will help me -- should I have to prove to a school anything regarding our curriculum choices.

My dinner turned out OK -- tried a new recipe with 1/4 chickens. I was worried about how they would turn out, whether or not they would get cooked through, but they did and everyone seemed to like them.

I also made a change to my kitties diet -- lately they have been so sick (throwing up) and I read online that the usual cause is a sensitive stomach. I shelled out $15 to purchase special dry food that is specific to this ailment, and am hopeful that it will do the trick.

Overall, my day was good and very productive. I am giving Him all Praise for He has given me such peace and a sense of contentment. I blogged about being content (at ease) the other day, and since then, have really experienced feeling at ease. I am no longer worried about the "plans" the Lord has for me (a job, a possible move, etc.), and am choosing to simply be still and know that He is God and that He has everything under control. I have done this before, but this time, I am really trusting Him, and boy, can I feel His blessing on me. I am simply at ease right now. All those worries, those anxieties, those stresses have gone away, and instead, I am praising Him, giving Him thanks, and enjoying the possibility of His mighty hand in moving us, in establishing us, and in planning and purposing His Will for our lives. It is really neat and I am so blessed. He is So GOOD to me, and I love Him.

No comments: