April 28, 2010

Happiness, Part Two

After I posted the previous blog entry (on the "Pursuit of Happiness"), I sat back down at my computer to reflect on what I had written. These thoughts came up into my head: "I cannot imagine being any more happy than I am right now." I mean these words--I sincerely mean them.

Right now, in the midst of my life change and all the unknowns out there, I am completely, totally, 100% satisfied in my self, in my inner being, and in my life. There is nothing that could come to me that would bring any more "happiness." There is nothing I need, nothing I lack, nothing I want. I am completely and utterly filled with joy, peace, rest, contentment. I am satisfied in the present circumstance, and I am satisfied in the future promise of change. I am content. Yes, I can say that today, I am content in all things, whether the events of the past, the present condition, and the unknown of the future. I am content in all things. Amen, so be it, thy will be done.

No comments: