April 7, 2010

I did it! I did it!

I just got back in from my cello lesson and I am officially promoted to Book 3 (Suzuki)! I had to play two pieces well enough to move on (Gavotte by Gossec and Bouree by Handel). I practiced so hard this past week, and really made good progress. I am so excited to be promoted!! Hooray!!

My goal now is to work through this book, steadily improve to the point where I can play the cello competently. I really want to be able to play the cello well enough so that I am not embarrassed by my technique. I know that I will improve over time, and that I tend to be pretty hard on myself, but it is just because I really, really, really want to play the cello well.

Happy celloing...I am so pleased with my performance!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Carol! Hurrah!