June 23, 2010

Calling it Quits

After I made my decision to go back to my original committment to the Lord, I decided to call it quits on everything else, but that which I believe is His will for my life. This means that I am stopping my search for a job here in Phoenix, putting all plans for my son's schooling (locally) on hold, and returning to the details of Plan A. I have no firm date in mind when Plan A will come to pass; I just know that Plan A is what I committed myself to, and Plan A is what I will stick to UNTIL the Lord tells me otherwise.

I recall several months ago hearing the Lord say to me, "Carol, stick to the plan. Do not deviate from it." Yes, Lord, I said. Well, not long after that, I was deviating from the Plan. Not on purpose, mind you; just a little waver here and there. After some time, I found that like a meandering river, those little wavers had turned into full-blown bends in the river of God's plan. Yes, little maneuvers this way and that led me to be quite a bit off course. I really didn't think it would matter that much, I mean, really...just a little waver?? Well, I found out that it only took a little waver, practiced consistently, to bring about a change in the river's path. Just like the Word says: "a little leaven leavens the whole lump" so a little doubt produces quite a bit of disbelief. One begets the other, and when the Lord tells you to steer a straight course, well then, you need not to take any side bends.

I learned my lesson (how many times now?) and decided to recommit myself to His word and to His plan for my life (the plan I believe He is calling me to live out). In doing so, I have also made the decision not to waver or bend on any point within it, just to make sure that I do indeed steer that straight course.

God is so very good to me, and it is His goodness that I see every single day. Whether I am on the right path or not, His goodness is what guides me, protects me, and provides for me. His goodness, therefore, is the reason I am able to say today: I am recommitted to seeing the Lord's Plan A come to pass in my life. Without His underlying goodness, I would still be stuck deep in that cavern, lost in my own handiwork. Instead, I can take great joy in the knowledge that His goodness keeps me in His stead, and provides a way for me to follow Him. As I walk in obedience to Him, I am able to keep His commands and statutes. I am able to live a life that is pleasing to Him. His Grace is what sustains me, and draws me back again and again -- each time I waver and doubt and find myself off course. His Grace is what enables me to see His Goodness -- even when I am frustrated and feeling as though nothing makes sense to me.

May the Lord be praised today and forevermore. His mercy endures forever. God is so very good to me! PTL!

No comments: