June 12, 2010

The Day After Tomorrow

Today is the 'day after tomorrow'. Funny how that little spin on words is really true.

The other day I blogged about being so excited about the plans that Lord has for my 'tomorrow.' I don't know when these plans will come to pass; but I know that they will some day soon. The Lord has promised such good to me, and I am confident to know that His word to me is true. He has given me the grace to believe in Him, to know that He is God, and to trust Him when He tells me something will be a certain way. He has demonstrated His faithfulness to me, and He has given me proof (testimony) over and over again so that I can SEE and TASTE and KNOW that the Lord is so GOOD.

I am still waiting for the promises to come, but I am in good stead. Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Joseph, Samuel, David, and all the prophets of the Old Testament -- they too waited for the PROMISE to come to them. God told them what to expect, what would come to pass, and in some measure they received part of the overall PROMISE. The true PROMISE did not come until they were long dead, and their bones buried in the ground. Yet, they believed; they waited; and they trusted that the Lord's Word was true, and that He was indeed faithful to do everything He had said He would do.

Is it not that way with us this day? The Lord promises each of us the same reward: we eagerly wait for the adoption as sons and daughters; we look to the PROMISED RETURN OF THE ONE WHO IS OUR KING; and we long with groaning and anticipation for the resurrection and the perfection of our restored bodies.

God has also promised each one of us specific things, special things, things that pertain only to us. Perhaps it is a ministry appointment or a long awaited child? Perhaps it is a much needed job or a new home in another place (near family)? God not only keeps His word to the generations; but He also keeps His word to each one of us. If God is faithful in the BIG THINGS, will He not be faithful in the small things too?

Yes, my God is faithful and True. His Word can be trusted and counted upon because He Alone is Trustworthy.

"Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS." ~Revelation 19:11-16

No comments: