June 11, 2010

Seeing the Plans Come to Pass

The Lord has good plans for my life -- I just know it. I can feel it, too. I cannot explain why I am so excited and jazzed today (of all days), but suffice it to say, I feel like a little child on Christmas Eve. I know what is coming tomorrow (speaking of Christmas), and can barely contain myself due to the excitement. This is exactly how I feel right now.

I woke up this way, and even after sitting awhile (and getting my morning going), the feeling has not subsided. The Lord has something pretty spectacular planned for me -- perhaps this will be the day I hear on a job? Perhaps I will get some vote of confidence on a particular matter? Or, perhaps I will simply continue to rest in His Awesome Presence and KNOW THAT HE IS INDEED GOD. Any or all of the above would be super -- I am so thankful that He has chosen to spend His time with me, and to give me such hope for a bright and shiny future.

Nothing new has really come to pass just yet. I am still waiting for confirmation on everything (LOL!) I have made a little headway with Mercy College. Yesterday, I contacted Admissions to see what was going on with my acceptance letter. I found out that my file is still over in the English Department. I then contacted another person in Student Services, who was very helpful to me. He said I should hear back this weekend. Hooray!!

Job-wise, I am sitting here and waiting patiently for the Lord to open that door. I know which door it will be, but I cannot open it myself. I need Him to do it in His perfect time. It will be, it will be. I just need to not focus on it right now.

So that leaves me right here, feeling so excited and not knowing what for (or what is to come). I am so happy today, and glad that God is My God (now and forever).

Praise Him all Ye Saints of the Lord! Praise the Name of the Lord!

Psalm 146

1 Praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.

2 I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

3 Do not put your trust in princes,
in mortal men, who cannot save.

4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing.

5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,

6 the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them—
the LORD, who remains faithful forever.

7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets prisoners free,

8 the LORD gives sight to the blind,
the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down,
the LORD loves the righteous.

9 The LORD watches over the alien
and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

10 The LORD reigns forever,
your God, O Zion, for all generations.
Praise the LORD.

No comments: