July 13, 2010

More Job Prospects

I have applied for several more jobs. I am now at the point where I am applying for anything that looks reasonable to me, even if it means a long commute. I know that the Lord has the right path in mind (Ps. 107) and that He will guide me to a place where I can dwell (live -- figuratively speaking). I am trusting Him for His Providence and Provision -- I know that He can do all things (I cannot -- John 15).

For nothing is impossible with God ~Luke 1:37

I may not be able to see what He is doing behind the scenes, but I can take comfort in the knowledge that HE IS BEHIND THE SCENES -- HE IS BEHIND ALL THINGS. I can rest in this knowledge and know for certain that My God has it all under His tender and wonderful control. There is a good job out there for me, there is a good place for me to live. He knows my needs, He is assured of a way to provide them to me. I can be still and know that He is God (Ps. 46:10).

As I think about everything that has transpired over the past ten or so months, one thing is clear: God's hand has never left me. He has never left me to fend for myself or figure things out on my own. He has revealed Himself to me in so many ways; He has helped me to deal with difficult discovery and truth; and He has given me hope through it all. I know He IS, and I know He loves me. He will do for me what He has promised.

John 15:5-7 says this:

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."

Therefore, I take courage to know that what I have asked of my Father in Jesus Name, will indeed come to pass. He knows that I need a good job, a career type job that will support me and my son. He knows that I need a certain amount of money each month so that I can live in Phoenix. He knows everything about me, from the very hairs on my head to the days I will walk this earth. He knows me, and He is providing for me every single day. I lack nothing because He has seen to all my needs. This is a need, and He is seeing to it as well.

I will abide (remain in) in Him; and He will abide with me. Together we will stay, and together we will go. To God be the Glory forever more. He mercy endures and He is so GOOD to me.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Carol,
I'm so glad to have found your blog. I have admired you from the moment I started using Ambleside a couple of years ago, and I have been praying for you, too. How wonderful it is to read your praises to Him in the midst of these trials.

Carol Hepburn said...

Thanks, Trisha! I have finally figured out how to go about this job hunting business. At first, I was really particular about what kind of job I wanted. After 8 months, I am now applying for anything that says "must be alive and breathing" -- LOL!

God has been good though, and has helped me see the difference between practical work and something else. I need a good job, that is all. It needs to provide for me and my son, and so long as I keep that perspective, He is able to maneuver me into all sorts of potential jobs.

He is so very GOOD and I know my time is at hand. Thanks for stopping by, and best wishes to you in your homeschool journey.