July 26, 2010

Plans for the Week

Well, it is Monday! The skies are cloudy today, and perhaps we will get a shower or two later on? I do hope so. It is awfully humid outside, and with the temps still in the high 107-08 range, it makes for a pretty horrendous day.

I just blogged about my cello practice for the past week, and am really sitting pretty well. I am pleased with my progress, and think I am actually getting 'there' on this beautiful instrument. My goal is to be proficient, to play well enough to play at church (competently) and to play in solo or group settings. I can now see this as a very real possibility. I think (perhaps) in a year's time or within the year? Yes, this is very realistic. I can pretty much play in group now, so long as it is the cello/bass part. I can hold my own as lead, though it is tough at times. All in all, I am doing well, and I thank God for the gifting of this beautiful music and instrument to me. Selah!

On another note (ha ha), I got some returns back on applications. I am in a better frame of mind today, then say last week, when my turndown from Target smacked so hard. Today, I got the no-go from Kohl's and it was like, "Ok, thanks!" At the least they are sending me emails now to say they are not interested in me. That is better then never knowing anything at all. I am contented to take my interview with Macy's on Wednesday, and then have placed all my trust on the Lord for His provision of another full-time job. The Lord knows the timing of everything so it really makes no help for me to get all uppity over jobs not coming through when I think they should. He knows which jobs will work, which are not good, and so on. I have followed His Spirit as He has lead me to various job postings. I have submitted them with His Word in my head: "Just do it." The rest as they say, "is all up to Him." I trust it into His Hands, and then I let my worry and anxiety go. I can do no more than comply with the companies guidelines, and submit my application (resume and cover letter) online. It is done, it is done, it is done. Selah!

I did get some good news over the weekend. I was getting a little stressed about how I would do my graduate classes and work two jobs. My professor replied to me (he was on vacation) and said that I don't have to meet at a particular time, just log in during the week to participate with online discussion. Perfect! Perfect! It was just as the Lord said to me, and here I was worrying over it. I know now that I don't have to be sitting at home to attend class. I can work, and then on my days off, will do my participation and study (reading every day of course). It really is POSSIBLE, and I am giving Him thanks because He is the God of all Possibility (Luke 1:37).

So where does that leave me today? Well, I am game now to get some work done around the house. I want to paint inside (walls and trim) and clean my carpets. I have said I was going to do this for a couple weeks, but I didn't actually do anything even remotely close to it! I am going to get some paint today and begin to do my home. A fresh coat of paint will make all the difference, and clean carpets should remove pet odors. I am jazzed and excited.

My recap: interview on Wednesday (pray for me if you remember); graduate school schedule is set; painting and cleaning the house this week; continue to work on cello performance. God is so GOOD TO ME. He is SO GOOD. Praising Him now, and giving Him all the Glory for He alone is worthy to receive it. Selah! Amen, so be it. Have your way in me Lord -- Have your way!

No comments: