July 20, 2010

Technology

As a former IT professional, I hate to admit this, but...I just learned how to email photos from my phone! LOL! My son showed me yesterday, and then today, I figured out how to send my photos directly to my facebook page. Whoowee! Am I good or what? LOL! Not really, probably the average 6 year old can do it -- but for this old Mom -- I am proud of my accomplishments just the same.

I took a new profie picture of myself. The old one was from a Thanksgiving photo and I looked really sad in it (in fact, it was a sad day that very day). This new photo is more representative of the "New Me," the ME God has helped develop. This is the "me" that has been transformed and brought out into His Beautiful Light and Grace (Acts 17:28 "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.")

I am living as a new creature in Christ Jesus, and my inside is now being reflected on the outside. This new change has transformed me in such a dynamic way that I no longer think of myself as before. Now, I see myself as He sees me, and I am able to say "Yes, I like me - I am happy within myself." This is a true miracle of God because formerly I was self-loathing, and someone who almost always cursed herself (said things about myself or my appearance that were not in anyway true.) The Bible tells us to be careful with our words, and this is especially true when we say things that are contrary to what God's Word says about us. This was a very nasty habit of mine, and something that I didn't understand how deeply could wound me. I was always thinking about what other people said about me, when in reality, my words caused far more damage that anything anyone else might think silently or say directly to my face.

Now, I see myself in a new way, and I think about my life and my future with hopefulness. He is the source of that hope (1 Peter 3:15 "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:...") and the reason I can give thanks to Him each day -- even when my circumstances don't always seem to be a reason for thankfulness.

No, God has been nothing short of fabulously Good to me. He has provided for every single need, and given His Grace to cover over my worries and fears and doubts. I can stand tall, and remain solidly committed to Him because of His Grace. I am in His arms, and He has a very tight hold on me. Nothing can separate me from His Love.

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39 KJV

No comments: