August 7, 2010

First Day is in the Bag!

I was so nervous today. I cannot really tell you how I felt, but suffice it to say -- I was NERVOUS! I had all these fears -- fears of messing up the register, fears of disgruntled customers, and fears about being lousy at this retail-thing. Instead, I had a great day. I met some very nice people; in fact, everyone I met was nice to me. I had a few not so nice customers, though none were mean or anything like that. Most just didn't want to be "chatty" and some ignored my smile and my questions. Some actually didn't even bother to answer me when I asked them how they were doing. I guess they feel like they don't need to be polite, I don't know.

My feet are very sore, and my back is tired; but other than that, I am in good spirits. I am actually looking forward to my next work day on Monday. I have some plans now -- some different clothing to keep within the dress code, and definitely flat/comfy shoes -- as well as more determination to get a full shift each week. I think I can do it, I just have to step out of my comfort zone and project confidence. I can do it, I know I can.

No comments: