August 18, 2010

I'm Up and Ready to Go

I had an OK night, slept pretty well, and finally got up around 5 a.m. to feed the boys. They were restless and noisy, so I fed them and slipped back to bed. I was able to sleep in until about 7:30 only. Sigh! I had hoped to sleep in extra long, since my new working habit has really pooped me out. Oh well, perhaps I am finally getting used to working and standing on my feet? The key has been my Nike's -- not the best dressed, but my feet and back tolerate standing far better in them. So be it - thanks be to God for His Provision of good shoes!!

As I think about today, I am brought back to a time when all I had to do was get up and do whatever I wanted to do. This has been my way of life for a long time. I planned my days each morning, based mostly on how I felt at the time. I never really had a routine of sorts, just doing dishes and laundry when the mood would strike. I am pretty neat and clean, so things never got out of hand. I tried to follow FlyLady.com once, but ended up realizing that I was already pretty organized and my home ran smoothly without all the constant daily reminders. LOL!

Today, though, things are different; mightly different. I am contemplating a career move, a move that would take me away from my home and family and to a very different place. The Lord placed on my heart and mind an opportunity to go to Texas. This would be a temporary move, a place to go for just about 6-8 months BEFORE I would move on up to North Chicagoland.

At first, I balked. I mean, TEXAS! But, then I stopped and thought about it. Really, I have nothing against Texas at all; I just hadn't given any thought to going someplace OTHER than Chicago. This move, though temporary, would serve it's purpose. It would offer me work within Apple Retail -- doing the job I would like to do. Moreover, it would give me the necessary prerequisite work to do the real job I want to do -- being involved in corporate training.

The more I thought it over, the more it seemed to make sense. I should mention to you that about a month ago, perhaps longer, I was so stuck on going to Chicago and buying a home there. The thought of renting a home was just not something I wanted to do. Now, I am totally into the idea of renting a house. I mean, I have had to deal with all the repairs of this home on my own. I like the IDEA of renting a house and having a property owner to care for it. If this comes to pass as the Lord directs, then I would rent a home in the Houston area for 6-8 months. After which I would transfer to Chicago and either continue to rent or attempt to purchase a home there.

I passed this option by my son last night, and he was Ok with it. He didn't seem to mind at all. He is like me -- ready to move, wanting to move, and longing to move. He doesn't care where we go, just so long as we can go soon. I agree. I am ready to move too.

For the longest time, I worried about the details, I worried about my parents (what would they think, do, feel), and I worried about whether or not I had it in me to actually complete a move on my own. I have only moved with my husbands help. We moved several times in CA --but no more than 10-15 minutes from my parents. The last move brought us to Phoenix, and we have been settled here for 13 years. We did move three times in Phoenix (two rental homes, and then our own home). I have never had to coordinate a move before, and the thought was scary to me. Now, somehow, that fear is gone. I am simply ready to move.

I think this is all of the Lord's timing for me. He has been telling me to go for a while now. I have said that I would go, but never thought I could actually "go". I didn't have a way to go, I didn't have provision to go, and I didn't have the raw energy to "go." All of this has changed, and I have changed too. My feelings have changed, my motives have changed, and my attitude has changed. I am convinced moving is the right thing to do; and the more convinced I become, the more I know that the Lord's hand is at work motivating and preparing the details for us to move.

When will we go? I am not certain, but I am thinking sometime between October and November. There are key details to be worked out; namely, a job that will take us where the Lord wants us to go. And, then besides the job -- I need a better car (for driving 2 days to Texas, then 2 days to Chicago); traveling expenses (food, gas and lodging); a rental home that will allow cats (3 of them); moving stuff (we will not take much -- travelling very light); and a good map and GPS to get me there (though I know -- I 10 from Tucson right into Houston -- 17 hours and we are there).

I know I can do this, I know it. I have to tell you that when the Lord told me to go to Northbrook, I wanted to do it, I really wanted to do it. I felt like I could do it, but I wasn't free to do it. This is a completely different feeling, it is like "this I can do." Why is this? I think it is because the Lord has opened a door there, and is pushing me on out (well, moving me with His hand in that direction). Northbrook will come in time, but Texas is beckoning right now. I wish I could explain why I feel the way I do, but it is just something in my head right now. I just feel like it is possible. I don't have any concrete evidence that this is His will -- I mean, Apple hasn't called to offer me a job yet. I just feel that this is what will be, and that the Lord has determined it all. And, if He has determined it to be so, then I have learned -- it is so! Praise be to God, the Father; and to the blessed Son; and to the Precious Holy Spirit -- the triune God, three in One. They are to be praised today and forever more. God is so very GOOD to me.

No comments: