August 22, 2010

Jesus! Oh, Blessed Savior!

Jesus! what a Friend for sinners!
Words by J. Wil­bur Chap­man, 1910.
Music by Row­land H. Prich­ard, 1830

Jesus! what a Friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.

Refrain

Hallelujah! what a Savior!
Hallelujah! what a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.

Jesus! what a Strength in weakness!
Let me hide myself in Him.
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my Strength, my victory wins.

Refrain

Jesus! what a Help in sorrow!
While the billows over me roll,
Even when my heart is breaking,
He, my Comfort, helps my soul.

Refrain

Jesus! what a Guide and Keeper!
While the tempest still is high,
Storms about me, night overtakes me,
He, my Pilot, hears my cry.

Refrain

Jesus! I do now adore Him,
More than all in Him I find.
He hath granted me forgiveness,
I am His, and He is mine.

Refrain

Good Sunday Morning! What a blessed day to be alive, and to give Glory to God our Father, His Blessed Son Jesus the Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Amen, amen, amen.

I am up and ready to head out to church, and thought I would take a few minutes to write a short blog post. God has been so Good to me lately, and I am unable to contain my joy. He has given me such confidence to know that His will is coming to pass (even when it doesn't seem to be so); and, He has enabled me to endure great trials and difficultly without losing my heart. I am trusting Him completely, and can say with Paul, that Jesus Christ IS my sufficiency. He is my all in all.

As I look forward to this day, I can only think about what is to come. I have a full day on tap at Macy's. It is the second sale day, so I have to stand for 8 hours again. My feet and my back were so sore last night, but I survived! PTL! My feet actually didn't swell too much, but I thought my back was going to break at around 4 yesterday afternoon. I simply cannot do 8 hour shifts and expect to walk (LOL!) Thankfully, I have tomorrow off to rest up for my next 2-day haul. After that, I have six blessed days to rest and recuperate. Hooray! God is Good all the time.

This week is fairly open. I have promised to take my son to the DMV -- again -- to attempt to get an ID card. This will allow him to sit the ACT test this fall, and register for community college courses, should we go that route in the spring. I also am going to order cello strings and a new Arco Nouveau bow. This should help to make my cello perform better until I am able to get a new, better, more advanced cello to play.

Other than these small items, I am content to be at home. I have some work to do around the house, some shopping, and some cleaning -- but other than that -- I am content to simply relax and be at home. Praise God!

I love this day, I love my Lord, and I am loving my life. God has given me such Grace and Freedom to be myself again, and I am living it to the fullest (in His Name, of course!) I am so content to do His will, and to walk and go where He sends me. I am happy, I am at ease, and I am filled with His blessed peace. May God be praised this day, and forever more. Amen, so be it, thy will be done.

No comments: