August 23, 2010

Loving My Life

Ok, call me wacko or a weirdo, but I was just praying and uttered these words: "Lord, I love my life." I cannot explain how this is possible -- it truly is a God-thing -- because my life right now pretty much is in the dumper. I am stressed, I am strained, and I am stunned (like a deer in the headlights). I simply am beside myself (can you be that way?), and I have no clue or understanding why things are the way they are right now. Yet, my heart is soaring, and my head is giving Praise and Testimony to God alone. I am in love with my Lord -- and as a result -- I am in love with my life.

God has given me His Grace and I can tell you that IT is the reason I feel the way I do. His Grace has enabled me to sustain my sorrow, to find a reason to hang on, and to continue to strive to follow Him. I am able to see tomorrow, and I am able to say, "Yes, Lord -- not my will, but thy will be done." I am able to see that everything is going as planned, and that His plans are good, they are perfect, and that they lack nothing. I am content. I am full to overflowing, and I am passionately in love with Him.

As I wind down my day, I can only thank Him for taking what seemed to be an awful, almost utterly depressing day, and turn it into something beautiful. This is our Creator at work -- only He can take that which is cast off, which is considered refuse in our world, and turn it into the most beautiful thing possible. I live today because my Savior lives within me. I can hold on because He is holding on to me. I am able to give Him Praise because only He is worthy of receiving all Praise.

Dear Lord,

I give you all praise today. I trust you for your provision for my life, and I look to your hand for blessing. I know everything will be OK -- even when I feel at my worst -- you are there for me. You are holding me, and helping me, and giving me comfort. I love you, Lord, and I give you my thanks this day. Amen.

No comments: