August 3, 2010

Meeting My Congressman

I just got back from the bank where I met my congressman, JD Hayworth. He is running against Senator John McCain. It will be an interesting battle between these two men, who have remained on the ticket together for such a long time. I am not a political person per se; but, I do take my civic duty seriously. I am hoping for a good outcome for our state this fall, and also a good outcome for our country. I will admit that our country is in very bad shape right now; though, compared to many other places in the world, we still are far and above in terms of accessibility, employment, and opportunity for a better life (in general).

My prayer is that the Lord of Hosts will provide us with good government, regardless of party affliation. May the men and women who seek higher office be filled with integrity and honor, and remember that they are called to represent the people of our nation, and not civic groups, lobbyists or devisive organizations. May they choose to serve our nation with a good conscience, and work to lead us into a bright and prosperous future. May they remember the story of Joseph in the OT, and be wise stewards of the manifold blessings of God, and use our resources in a manner that not only cares for the people, but will also prepare us for the uncertainity of the times ahead. I ask this prayer in Jesus' Name, Amen. So be it, Thy will be done. Selah (pause and think calmly about that!)

No comments: