August 3, 2010

New Challenges

I just got back from Macy's (well, at about 9 tonight). I had my orientation, and am all set to begin working there. However, there is a glitch with my employment, and a potential issue concerning my straightening it out. You see, I never changed my Social Security card when I got married. I never did it for a couple reasons: 1) I did forget to do it; 2) my DH didn't want me to do it; and 3) I listened to him and didn't do it. Over the course of time, I have had some issues with my name being different, but nothing that came to anything. I have been employed numerous times, and no one ever said anything about it. But, now with the Patriot Act, identify theft, and illegal immigration, it is vitally important to prove your identity to government agencies. So whether I like it or not, I have to go to SSI and file to get my card updated. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue for me or anyone for that matter; but, I have been married for 26 years, and now it is a bit more difficult to do it.
  • I have to prove my identity from birth to marriage and then from marriage to the present day

This means that I have to get a certified copy of my marriage license, and find supporting documents to show who I am. I am planning on going over the SSI tomorrow and hopefully will get a nice agent who will be understanding of my particular situation. I will do what I can to get this resolved ASAP because I need to start working immediately. My prayer is that the agent will authorize my new application, give me some print out to take to Macy's and then send me my new card. My prayer is for God to intervene on my behalf and faciliate what is required so that I can do this quickly. My prayer is for Him to be glorified as I do the "right thing" and be honorable to "Caesar" and do what needs done to correct this situation.

Dear Lord Jesus,

You know that this situation occurred 26 years ago, and it has been riding me all this time. I have never been free of the worry or the fear of not complying with the federal government. I have lived with the anxiety over not changing my card for all these years, and even though I have pleaded with my DH to do it, to take care of it, ultimately it was my fault for not doing it. I complied with his wishes, when I should have listened to You. Now I am confessing to you what I did, and I am asking you to intervene on my behalf and assist me in getting this cleared up. Thank you for my job with Macy's and for the potential of more work. I need to get my card corrected as quickly as possible, so I ask you to do this for me. Please, Father, please help me to get everything in order so that I can begin working right away. I ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen. Thy will be done, so be it. Selah!

No comments: