August 11, 2010

Seeing Jesus in the Faces of Others

I woke up early this morning with this thought: Jesus died not once for all humanity (though this is how the Word describes it); but rather, He died individually a billion times over. If you take Jesus' life and replace it with the life of the person standing or sitting in front of you, you will see what I mean. If you can do this, then you can begin to see the depth of His Love for mankind. Every person, whether born or unborn, every named or unnamed individual, had his or her life saved by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Billions of people received the life-giving, transforming salvation of the One True God; yet, billions chose death and not life, by rejecting His Gift of Grace.

This thought just rankles my mind today. I have always viewed Jesus' sacrificial life as a corporate thing:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." ~ John 3:16

It wasn't until I started to see it as an individual act, that my eyes were opened. This verse reminded me of this fact:

"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." ~ John 15:3

Jesus, our Great and Righteous King, laid down His life for every single human being born since the beginning of time. He offered up His life in exchange for the lives of those yet to be born. What an amazing love, what an amazing gift?

Amazing Love

I'm forgiven,
because You were forsaken,
I'm accepted, You were condemned,
and I'm alive and well your spirit is within me,
because You died and rose again.
(I'm forgiven)
I'm forgiven,
because You were forsaken,
and I'm accepted, You were condemned,
and I'm alive and well your spirit is within me,
because You died and rose again.

Amazing love,
how can it be,
that You my king would die for me?
Amazing love,
I know it's true,
and it's my joy to honor You.
(Amazing love)
Amazing love,
how can it be,
that You my king would die for me?
Amazing love,
I know its true,
and it's my joy to honor You.
In all I do I honor You.

Im forgiven,
because You were forsaken,
and I'm accepted, You were condemned,
and I'm alive and well your spirit is within me,
because You died and rose again.

Amazing love,
how can it be,
that You my king would die for me,
Amazing love,
I know it's true,
and it's my joy to honor You.
(Amazing love)
Amazing love,
how can it be,
that You my king would die for me?
Amazing love,
I know it's true,
and it's my joy to honor You.
In all I do I honor You

You are my king,
You are my king,
Jesus You are my king,
Jesus You are my king,

Amazing love,
how can it be,
that You my king would die for me?
Amazing love,
I know it's true,
and its my joy to honor You.
(Amazing love)
Amazing love,
how can it be,
that You my king would die for me,
Amazing love,
I know it's true,
and its my joy to honor You
In all I do I honor You.

In all I do I honor You


Let's us give thanks today for Jesus' Amazing Love, and for the Gift of Salvation. May we never think lightly of it or treated is so casually. Truly God demonstrated His great love for us when He died for each one of us individually. Give thanks, Give Praise, and Give honor to His Name today.

No comments: