September 12, 2010

Can there be peace admist turmoil?

Absolutely! I am a living, breathing, walking, talking example of how the Holy Spirit of God can create peace in the midst of sorrow, despair, and deep disappointment. God alone is able to lift us out of the ruckus of our shattered lives, and give us refreshing hope, complete peace, and the sense of wellness. No matter how awful things appear or really are, God is able to create that "still calmness" that centers us and keeps us from spinning out of control.

Today, is a day when His peace has created a bubble around my life. I am able to sit here and type, and know that everything is going to be OK. I may not control any aspect of my life right now; but He can, and He does keep me steady. I may not know what tomorrow will bring; but I can rest in my Savior's arms and know that I am safe and secure. God has enabled me to experience the darkness along with the brightness of His very light. The more I focus upon His Goodness, the more I am able to see Good all around me. The more I concentrate on His Blessedness, the more blessed I feel. God is Good in this way, and He gives His blessings freely to those He loves.

As I ponder the Goodness of God, and I amazed at how deeply He loves us. His love is never ending, never failing, and never falls short of any need. He cares so deeply, so completely, and with such tenderness, that nothing passes by Him, nothing is left out of His vision. No, our God is completely in love with us, and gives freely to us so that we can come to love Him in return. Truthfully, we love God because He first loved us.

I am in love with my Lord, and I am not ashamed to admit it. He is my King, my Savior and my God. I am utterly at His feet, looking to Him only, and resting in His Presence. He alone can make my life shine -- and the more I look into His Light, the more that light bounces off on me and back out upon others. I look to Him, and I am relieved. I see Him, and I can see others with new eyes. I place Him first, and I place others ahead of myself. In all things it is Christ and Christ alone, and in doing so, I am able to finally let go of "ME" and embrace the call to minister to others. Praise God for He is so Good to me.

No comments: