September 10, 2010

Deer in the Headlights

I am a graduate student, I am a graduate student, I am a graduate student. Perhaps if I say it enough times, it will sink in, and I will relax a bit and enjoy this new journey. I am acting like I do when I am on the "tilt a whirl" at the amusement part -- just grit your teeth, and scream through the entire ride -- then say how much fun it was almost throwing up and being sandwiched between another person and the side of the car!! Yes, Yes, Yes -- I am a goof ball of the nth degree!!

Today is Friday, and I have just come home from working Macy's one-day sale event (9-1). I am exhausted, but ready for cello lesson and chamber group. I am also gearing up for my second class, which has already met once. I have home work to do this weekend, and I am trying to figure out how to make this whole "work/graduate school/cello/homeschool/life change" thing mesh together. Truly, I am on auto-pilot now, and I clearly have that "deer in the headlights" look about me.

Some recent developments to blog about:
  • Graduate school began last Tuesday and Wednesday. I am enrolled in two courses: Chaucer and Reason and Imagination. Both seem like good courses, and I think I will enjoy them once I get more settled and into a routine.
  • I have another interview with the MCCD -- this time with Phoenix College.
  • I am dealing with Macy's better now, less stressed over my back and feet, and more able to handle the customer issues.
  • Home schooling and doing all of this simply is not working out well. I need to come up with a better plan.

So there you have it. I am getting ready to embark on this new adventure, and I still feel so overwhelmed and unable to deal with the challenges and changes to my life/routine. I am such a creature of habit, so conformed to my routine. Can I do this, really?

Dear Lord,

Your word in John 15 tells us that we must abide in you. You are the Vine and we are the branches. We receive all life from the Vine, and all nutrients and power come up through this one conduit. You are our Source of Power and Energy and Control. I ask now in Your Name to receive a fresh blessing of Power, of Energy and Control so that I can feel more comfortable with the changes happening in my life. Consecrate me today, Lord, so that I can do your will, and follow after you. May I walk worthy this day, in Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: