September 5, 2010

I am Trusting in You Lord

But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, "You are my God!"
--Psalm 31:14, NLT


It is a beautiful Sunday morning, and I am up early. I like to get up at this time, especially when I can watch the sunrise. It is so lovely, and so very quiet outside. It reminds me of the time when I was a child, and my family took a summer vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC. We rented a large home, not far from the beach (within walking distance). My cousins, and my Grandmother, came down from Ohio, and we spent two weeks together. It was probably one of the best vacations I recall from my childhood. The one memory I have is of waking up with the sun. I slept in a room that had a lot of natural sunlight in the daytime, so when the sun would come up, it would shine right into this room. I remember getting up early, and going out to the screened in porch, and then sitting on my Grandmother's lap. I loved her very much (still do, and miss her dearly). She was special, and this was our quiet time. I liked just sitting with her, watching the sunrise, and being so quiet.

Today is like that for me. I am sitting in the office, with my cup in hand, and watching the sun come up over the horizon. My cat, Winston, is with me. He likes to sleep on my desk, so often, he will come and sit by me early in the morning. The other boys tend to favor the living room, so they will hang out there. But Winston prefers his quiet time with me, and I like the fact that he will come and stay by me. He doesn't ask for attention -- he just likes to doze near me. It is nice.

It is going to be a very hot day today, another scorcher for us. Soon, the temperatures will drop along with the humidity, and we will be in our "reason to be in Arizona" season. The fall, winter and spring are the reasons people live in our state. The weather is perfect -- sunny and warm -- but with zero humidity (low). We often get rain, and it does get cold here (down to the 20s at night). Our daytime highs though are in the low 60s. Really, it is very good weather once you get past the hot summers.

Later today, I am going to my cousin's house for dinner/BBQ. She has invited me and my son along with my parents to come over to her house. She is so nice, and I have enjoyed getting to know her better. She is really my Mom's cousin's daughter. I don't know what that makes her to me (I think my second cousin), but since she is just 10 years older than me, I consider her my cousin too.

All in all, I am at peace today. I feel good, I feel happy (hooray for that feeling), and I feel that everything is well and in order. I cannot explain it (I say that often) because I think it is a God-thing, it is something the Lord has done to me, in me, and through me. He has shed His Grace into my life, and I am reaping the reward of experiencing it's healing and restorative power. I am in love with the Lord, I am in love with my life, and I am in love with the plans He has for me.

I honestly do not know what today or tomorrow will bring, but I know this: My God is GREAT. My God loves me, and He has a unique and wonderful plan for my life. I want to please Him, to serve Him and others, and I want to live the rest of my days out just for Him. I love Him so much, and I thank Him for the work He has done in my life. From the inside out, I am changed. Thank you, Jesus! Thank you!

Inside Out
Hillsong United


A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

My heart and my soul, I give You control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise, become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

My heart, my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out, O my soul cries out

My Soul cries out to You
My Soul cries out to You
to You, to You

My heart, my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out, O my soul cries out

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out, O my soul cries out
From the inside out, O my soul cries out
From the inside out, O my soul cries out.

No comments: