September 23, 2010

I think I am done

Yes! I think I have had an ephiphany of sorts, and that I finally have this whole thing figured out. I think, just think mind you, that somehow and in some very weird way, this whole mess actually makes sense to me. If that is true, well then let us all give praise to Him above, for there is no one else who can make the non-sensical into the sensical. PTL!

You know how they say "you can't see the forest through the trees?" Well, this is a true statement, and often it is when we are closest to the subject, that we cannot understand clearly. We need to step back and take in a bigger view, and then it seems like the parts that were out of place, magically fall right where they are supposed to be. This is how it has been with me today. I started my morning after a very rough night. I was in a funky mood, thinking that things were simply out of tune, out of place, mismarked. Instead, I came to realize that those things that seemed out of place were that way for a reason. God has shifted them to suit His purpose, and in doing so, they appeared out of focus to me. But, with His Grace, I was able to see why He had shifted them ever so slightly, and what was once off-kilter came in sharp focus. God is so Good in that He will often explain things to us, so long as we are willing to listen to Him. We have to be open to seeing things His way, because as my Pastor says "with God, things are not always as they seem." Yes, and Amen.

So this is my post for the day. I have finally understood why things are out of focus for me at this time in my life. Furthermore, I have also realized that just because something appears to be cloudy, doesn't mean it will always be that way. Timing -- it is all of God's timing.

I have come to terms with the so-called "terms" of my life. God and I have made a covenant, and I have promised to do certain things for Him. He has in returned promised to help me to do those things, to keep His word, to obey His commands, and to go where He sends me (equipped, prepared and ready to His work). My role in all of this is to keep my word, to do the work assigned, and to rest in His ability to do, well--the rest. God is a Keeper of His Word and He likes covenants or agreements. He has asked me several times to agree with Him, to consider and then come to terms (like in legal speak). I have said "yes," but often I didn't really understand the terms well enough. My heart was in it, but my mind lagged behind. Now, I am in agreement with the terms and conditions, and I am content to know that He is doing what He is doing for my Good and for His Good Pleasure. I am happy, and I am blessed, and I can finally rest!

Dear Lord,

Thank you for helping me see that everything in my life was happening for a reason. There was method in this madness, and once I looked and saw it clearly, I could relax and know that You had it all covered. I am so glad that you have me covered, and that I can relax and know everything is as it should be. Have your way in me Lord, and bring your will to pass. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: