September 16, 2010

Interview Over

I had my interview at Phoenix College today, and it went well. Well, as best as I could tell, that is. I mean, I still have no real clue as to how they decide, and the job itself is really not my thing; but it is a job, and I appreciate that they want to interview me. I think the thing that struck me most is that fact that this position was another one that appeared more advanced than what was listed on the job posting. This position as Alumni Coordinator was fairly high level and required some measure of fund raising ability. It is considered a staff position, yet after the interview, it is clearly not the case. I doubt they will hire me, but at the least, I think I showed a better, a more confident, and more able candidate than I did at either the Rio Salado or Apple interview.

On a side note:

I have been asking the Lord if it might be possible to advance my schooling to the point of taking more than two classes next term. I find these courses to be challenging, but not overwhelmingly difficult for me to keep under control. In fact, I would say they are not as difficult as my undergrad courses -- they are different -- just not as much paper work. I have to read about the same amount, but my involvement is left to writing responses, and participating in discussion. In some ways, graduate study is easier for me. Perhaps it is just up my alley, you know -- a better fit for the type of student I happen to be like. Or perhaps I am just so ready to do school that the idea of reading and writing research papers just doesn't phase me anymore.

So let's say I take four courses next spring, and then four in the fall -- technically, I could graduate in December 2011 rather than May 2012. The main advantage for me is that I could begin to persue teaching right away, and that means less time being unemployed or working in part-time or other non-related career type work. I know I could do this, and Mercy allows you to take up to 12 units per semester. My goal is to maintain a 4.0 average so I have to make sure I can really do the work (I think I can, I think I can). Lord willing, He would have to provide some income opportunity for me as well. Oh well...we will see what shakes loose over the next few weeks and months.

No comments: