September 8, 2010

We Fall Down and Lay Our Crowns at the Feet of Jesus

We fall down
and lay our crowns
At the feet of Jesus
The greatness of
Your Mercy and love
At the feet of Jesus

And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
Is the lamb

We fall down
and lay our crowns
At the feet of Jesus
The greatness of
Mercy and love
At the feet of Jesus

And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
Is the lamb

And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
Is the lamb



Words by Chris Tomlin


Today has been a rather strange day for me. First off, I went to my shift at Macy's, only to find myself working with one other guy. Yup, a guy -- in the girls department. This isn't the first time I have worked with a guy; I did it last week in Petites. I have got to say that these guys are GOOD at their job (both worked upstairs in the Home department). They hustle, they sell, and they open accounts -- everything Macy's loves about it's sales people.


Anyhoo, I had a good day, and Joe was great to work with. He even helped me ring sales, and then opened a charge account in my name. What a great guy! I was blown away by his kindness towards me and his willingness to work with me. God is so very GOOD to bring me such great fellow workers.


After work, I came home and got ready for my evening. Today is the first day of graduate school for me, and I was anxious about how it would go and all. I have never done school online before. I was apprehensive about logging in, and really about school in general. I never did get confirmation back on my financial aid (other than what I sent in saying I wanted it). I thought for sure the school wouldn't let me login to my classes UNTIL everything was squared away. But, the Lord said this was not so, and that I needed to trust Him on this point. Oh man, did I struggle doing that one. I cannot tell you how many times I have asked Him, "Are you sure, Lord?" Whince -- ya'd think I would learn that when the Lord says it is OK, it really means OKAY!


So, I logged in and everything was just as the Lord has said it would be. I introduced myself, copied my materials down, and got my binder all set up for class. I also purchased my textbook online, and it should come tomorrow! Hooray for Amazon.com that now offers local delivery. I paid the $20 extra, but my book will be delivered here tomorrow. Whew! My other book is the Norton Anthology, which I happen to have, but it is an older edition. I ordered the new edition from the library, and should get that one tomorrow. I won't be able to highlight anything, but that is OK. I can use my old edition for any highlighting work needed.


Then if this weren't enough -- I got a call from Phoenix College. They want to interview me for a position as a Community Relations Coordinator. I applied a long time ago, and I don't even remember what the job was for now. It is only temporary -- 1 year -- but I am going for an interview next week.


Therefore -- ta dum -- my title post is appropos! I am at the feet of Jesus right now. Everything He has promised me is coming to pass. His Word is not returning void -- it is producing fruit like you cannot imagine. I am in awe of Him and of His Power. I know that He has a great job for me. I just need to wait to receive it.


I am going to go and practice cello now, but I wanted to post about this new job offer. Hooray!! Thanks be to God for His Gracious Provision of an interview!

No comments: