October 29, 2010

I Got an "A"!

I am so excited -- I got my first "A" in my graduate school courses!! My paper was returned today, and my professor said he really liked it (always a bonus). Plus he gave me my first A -- thank you, Dr. Beck!

Now, I have to knuckle down and concentrate on the next 6 weeks of school. I have two seminar papers to write. The first will be on William Blake's "Prometheus Unbound" and the second will be on Tragedy in Chaucer (or something to that effect). I am not sure exactly what the second paper will focus on, but I am thinking it will have to do with social context and the idea of Hero in Greek Tragedy. Oh my, would Mrs. Olcott (my Humanities professor from San Jose State) be surprised at me. I took two semesters of Greek study from her; one was for Ancient History/Humanities credit, and the other was my Senior Seminar (on Greek Tragedy). I still am in love with all things Greek, and I have found so much of modern literature (or early modern) predicates a knowledge of ancient mythology. I am loving these courses, especially when they reference Greek and Roman myths that I studied in my undergrad courses.

Both of these papers will be 20-25 pages in length, so the size of a literary journal article. I have to have eight references beside the primary work. I found all my referenced articles for Blake today, and will look for the others for my Chaucer paper this weekend. I need to prepare ahead of time because I am scheduled to work almost 20 hours this coming week (at Macy's) and I am anticipating getting that "You're hired" phone call from Phoenix College on Monday or Tuesday. My next six week schedule is jam packed. I have two recitals, one for chamber and one for DJ (Senior Recital). Plus the holidays are in there, and there will be some family get-togethers to attend. Crazy busy, but I am loving it.

Moreover, I may be moving house (as they say in the UK) so that will need to factor in to everything. Overall, I am so pumped right now. I am feeling on top of the world, and I am loving my life. God is SO GOOD TO ME.

No comments: