October 26, 2010

More Designs on the Future

This week looks promising for me. Today, I am hoping to get my hair cut. I have been growing it out for over a year now, and it is ready for a good trim. I wanted to wear it shoulder-length, and I like how it looks that way. However, all of a sudden it has grown long past my shoulders and it just looks "too long" on me. Funny how that is at my age. When I was in my 20s, I always wore my hair straight down my back, to almost my waist. But, now I am at the half-century mark, it doesn't do anything for me. I found a shorter, snazzier style on the internet, and I am hoping to get into my hairstylist either today or tomorrow. If I can go today, then I will color and highlight tonight, so that tomorrow I will be picture perfect for my interview.

Speaking of which -- I have my second interview with Phoenix College tomorrow afternoon. I am excited to be going in to meet with the President of the College, and I am so hopeful that they will say "We would like to hire you, Carol." Amen, and Praise the Lord! I am ready, so ready to go to work full-time, and to quit my job at Macy's. Macy's has been a good interim job for me, but I am getting to loathe the place (everyone who has been there 4-6 months or longer is this way -- I think it must be in the water -- everyone has such a horrible attitude). I go in there for my shifts and I try to keep a happy face on, but by the time I leave, I am grumbling and so glad to be "outta there."

My folks bought me a new outfit for my interview, so I will have new clothes to wear (and no more black pants -- Macy's standard uniform). I bought gray slacks, an emerald green top, and I will wear my black shoes and my black short dressy jacket. It should look suit-like without actually having to wear a suit.

I am also at the turn of my schooling for this semester. We are now in Week 8 (of 15) and things are really ramping up. Some things I noticed -- the professors seem absent a lot from about week 4 on, and this makes it very hard to complete assignments. I am sure it is because both professors teach full-time courses (in class), and then have either a hybrid (part online) or full online course. The online students get the shaft, they are relegated to the left-overs of the professor's time. This is a big negative to me because I do value my professors opinion and input. However, it can also be a good thing if you are a strong writer and you can do independent research. I am both so I hope that my missing professors will not hurt my chances for As this semester.

Lastly, I got word that my MIL is on the mend, PTL. She has been unwell for a long time, but I spoke with her on the phone last evening, and she is feeling better. I think the Drs. have managed her pain, and the in-home care giver service is providing enough help to allow her to rest. The problem was that my MIL never got any rest because of people visiting or calling on the phone. Neither my DH nor myself could be there during the day to manage the phone, so the care giving service has done this as well as made sure they have three meals (which has also helped my MIL with her pills). She says she feels as though she has been 'healed' and I am certain of it. My hope is that my inlaws can move into assisted living soon. This is where they need to be, and perhaps this last bout with serious illness will help them see that the time is now. Praying for this -- anyhow!

No comments: