November 5, 2010

Some Things

I just found out that my SIL is coming to visit tomorrow. My DH asked me if I would be willing to go to his Mom's house for lunch. He is picking his sister up at the airport, so I guess that means that my son and I will drive up around noon and stay for lunch. I have school work to finish, so I won't be able to stay too long. However, it should be nice to visit, at the least, for a short time. I work all day on Sunday, and Monday is pretty full with our normal schedule. And now, with my son working at church, he is at church S-TH.

On another front, I am very hopeful that I will hear back from Phoenix College (HR) on Monday. I know that I was told I would hear "for certain" this week, but since this week has come and gone, I think next week is more than probable. If I don't hear next week, then I will venture a phone call to find out what might be the hold up. There is nothing I can do about it, and I doubt seriously that PC has any control. I think the decision and follow up call is purely in HR and there is nothing to move them other than the mighty hand of God. May it be so, may it be so.

Tonight, I am coloring my hair (lt. brown) in preparation for potential work next week. My son is at church with my parents. Southwestern College was performing a Musical Tour through France tonight (I think TH-S). My son wanted to go, so I am hoping that it was good (I think it is always good -- their music and drama program is very good).

Lastly, as I sit here typing, and trying not to think about my head being on fire (from the color), I am thanking the Lord for His provision in my life. Lately, my thoughts have run towards depression, and the feeling that I am overwhelmed and out done. I have since taken a different tack -- praising and thanking the Lord -- and I feel much better. I know who has provided this security to me, and I know who is protecting me. I am nothing, I have done nothing, and I can do nothing. I am simply a branch, and my job is to abide in the Vine. I can do all things through Christ who strengthen's me. I can do nothing on my own, and I rely totally on Him for everything. The more I give to Him to glory, the better I feel -- so that is what I am going to do.

Oh yes, I also bought a pair of those exercise (anti-gravity) shoes. I wore them today, and so far so good. I am hoping that they will really help my back and feet -- at least until I can quit Macy's. God is so Good to me. He has provided another wonderful gift to help me sustain until this job comes to pass. He is Good.

No comments: