February 9, 2011

Letting Go of the Past

It is time to let go of the past.  I have been living in a difficult situation for almost two years now, and I am ready to begin the next phase of my life.  I have successfully manange to reclaim my life and my identity, and now I am in the process of learning how to live my life as the Lord guides and directs.  I have some decisions to make, and soon, I will have a job that will take me to the next step of this process.  I have been looking for a job for over a year, applied to many (too many to count), and now find that I am having to re-evaluate my skills and assess my abilities with a less is more approach.  I have had to downplay my experience, and accept the fact that I will have to look for work in a specific area and/or industry.  I have also decided that I am ready to do whatever job the Lord has for me, and not consider anything "beneath me."  This means no matter the salary or the benefits.  I would like a certain type of job, but I understand now that I have limited experience in certain fields, and I can only be viewed with that capacity.  I may be able to do more, but my resume speaks for me initially, so that means that I am classified as a "junior" and not a "senior" administrator.  Had I remained in that job or field, then by now, I would be in senior management.  I didn't do that, so to seek for a job in senior management is simply shooting myself in the foot.  I am capable of those duties, but my experience says otherwise.  This has been a hard fact to face, and now that I am more willing to assess my skills accurately, I hope that I can find a job that is "doable" for me.  I am not adverse to starting over, and I will do that if necessary.  I am praying that someone will give me a chance, that is all, and that in time I can prove myself worthy of their willingness to hire me.

No comments: