March 18, 2012

The Beginning as it Should Be


It has been such a long lonely road for me. The past couple years have brought the end of a relationship, and the beginning of a new way of living. I have had to learn how to do everything, many things for the first time in my adult life. I left the safety of my parents home and moved into what I thought was the safety of my husband's home. Instead, I found a lonely existence hidden within the framework of a marriage. I lived alone for so many years, never certain if I was doing well, doing things right, or even pleasing my husband. It was a constant struggle to know from one day to the next if I was approved, if I was OK, if I was loved.

I sit here now, a much older, much wiser, and much seasoned woman. Nearing almost 50, I am at a point in my life where I understand that my valuation lays in One person alone, and that person is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am valued, and I am loved because of His Love for me. It is not based on my own inherent lovableness or my goodness. It is based solely on His ability to Love with Mercy and His Grace which says "I Love you even though you are not lovable."

As an older person, I realize now that there is no one in this world who will ever love me the way my Lord loves me. There is no one who will value me the way He values me. In truth, the only Person who will ever love me unconditionally is my LORD. I am loved today, because He chose to love me, and He continues to love me each and every day.

Blessedness is the assurance that you are LOVED. Contentment and Peace come from understanding your position in Christ, and knowing that you do not have the ability to do anything to merit His Love or His Favor.

I am Loved. I am Blessed, and I am at Peace because of who He is, and What He has done for me.

May God be Praised today and forevermore. Alleluia, Amen, So Be It. Thy Will Be Done. Selah!

No comments: