April 4, 2012

Enjoying Everyday Living!

Today is a good day. Today is a very good day. I am enjoying my day off, really both day's off, and I am feeling a bit more refreshed than I was earlier in the week. I took yesterday off, after I had a meltdown while getting ready for work. I was so tired, I mean, really "dog tired" that I cried out to the Lord for His provision and grace. I knew that I would be useless at work. I was barely able to function on Monday, and the thought of having to go into work yesterday, sent me into near hysterics. I am so tired...so very weary of the work schedule, the pressure, and the unrelenting tasks that make up my job. I so want to do something else, but for now, this is where I am, and this is where I am to remain.

Gracious God allowed me time off, and oh, how I thank Him! I spent all of yesterday sleeping, dozing in the chair, and trying so very hard to stay awake. I slept well last night, and today feel better, more like myself. I have been busier than I thought, but nothing major in the works. I spent the day with my Mom and Dad -- having breakfast, after dropping my son off at school. I am enjoying being a chauffeur again. Oh how I miss those "Mom" days.

I also invested in a new monitor for my computer. I am having eye issues, and I invested in a 25" monitor that will do dual duty as a computer and HDTV screen. I don't have my Satellite dish hooked upstairs, but I can stream Netflix and what other programs like hulu.com, etc. I have been watching Netflix on my IPad, and I am really liking the freedom to watch where ever I want. Now, I can watch in my bedroom, and have a larger screen to view. I will need some really good speakers -- still need to invest in those, and I will need a new computer, but for now, I am jazzed about this purchase.

I have not wanted to get another HP, just because my last one crashed on me. I have gone through three computers in the past year, none of them lasting. I will admit that my previous two HP's lasted the longest, only short of my Gateway's longevity of about 10 years. My HP's made it to 5-6 years each, and that was after running 24/7 for 365 days each year. Really it is no wonder they died -- I worked them to death!

I have been using my Dad's donated e-Machine for the past six months, and while it works, it is having system failures now. I need something stable, especially since I am trying to finish my thesis paper and cannot have any system crashes between now and the end of May. I am looking at a good HP that can be purchased for about $500. I have the money, I just don't want to spend it right now.

I need my son to assist me with setting up the new monitor, and I know it will look pretty bad until I get the better computer. I will have to make do until I can get the one I want. Oh well...

On other notes, I am feeling more comfortable with the plans I think the Lord has in mind for me. I will be done with graduate school in May. I have already started applying for teaching positions, and I am hopeful that I will be hired for Fall 2012 at the Community College. My goal is to teach for the 2012-2013 school year, and then enroll at Arizona State University in the PhD in Applied Linguistics program. It is interdisciplinary, and I think it will be easier to get into than the Rhetoric/Linguistics and Composition program (though in truth, I am happy to do either).

I will need to do full-time school, and I am not sure how that will work out yet. I do know that ASU offers a lot of teaching positions for students, so perhaps I will be able to get hired there since I will have some experience under my belt. Either way, I am content to follow this path. It is a good fit for me, even if it means going back to the classroom for studies.

Well, that is about all for now...I will blog more later once I get back from picking my son up, and going to my cello lesson.

No comments: