April 26, 2012

It's a Good Day

I am home today because of a plumbing leak under my bathroom faucet. It has been dripping for a couple weeks, and I thought I had fixed it a while ago. I periodically check under there, and so far it has been dry. Today, however, there was a large puddle, and now the sink veneer is coming away, and since I am just a renter here, I wanted to call the owner and have him send out a repair person.

I don't mind really, it is another personal day for me, and now that I realize that it is OK to take time off from my job, I am feeling more free to do so. Everyone else takes time off, but I am one of those people who just works, works, works. I hate to come in late, stay home, etc. I would rather just work until I drop, which is what I normally do. I work myself until I am ill, then take time. The problem is that I don't ever get well, I just get better, but not fully recovered -- kwim?

Anyway, I am scheduled to take tomorrow off as vacation, so I am taking today as well. It is what it is, and so be it.

As I sit here, with my coffee and Atkins breakfast bar, I am happy to think that I have already lost almost 5 lbs this week. I was down 2 lbs from Monday, and if you count my pre-weighin on Friday, that is almost 5 whole pounds. It has been pretty easy so far. I feel OK, even though I have been off Diet Pepsi/Coke since the weekend, I have only been irritable once. No headaches either. I still am not feeling 100%, and I am very tired, but overall, I am pleased with my progress, and I am very thankful for the opportunity to get myself back in better health.

My goal is to lose 20 lbs before July 7th. My nephew is getting married, and I want to look better than i do now. I need to lose about 35 lbs -- much like before when I did Weight Watchers in 2001. I hate the fact that I am this heavy again. I know why; I am just mad at letting myself get this heavy. No wonder my back aches all the time. No wonder I have no energy, and feel awful every day. This is extra weight I don't need in my life right now, and I am ready to get rid of it! Pronto!

My plan is pretty simple, really. I am exchanging high calorie/carb foods for low-calorie and low carb items. I am trying to keep my menus easy to plan and prepare, so nothing major as far as what I am eating. My big change is in getting off the Diet drinks, and in replacing my breakfast and my afternoon snack with a high protein choice. I am also keeping my lunches to smaller portions, and eating either salad or Lean Cuisine frozen items. These are easy for me to bring to work, and cutting out the junk food, easily solves the extra calories as well as the mid morning and afternoon cravings. In fact, my cravings have gone to zero since I got off the Diet drinks. I am a little hungry, so I think I need more calories than my budgeted 1200-1500, but for now, I am going to try and stick with this number until I have lost some more weight. They say that 1-2 lbs per week is what you want to shoot for, and with Atkins, you can lose up to 15 lbs in the first two weeks. I am not doing the full-blown induction diet, just some tweaks -- but as I said -- so far I have lost about 5 lbs. I am blessed.

On another front, I really do like my new Mac system. I am still getting used to finding things, and I don't like Safari at all. I would much prefer to use Chrome or even Firefox. I don't like that the windows swap back and forth -- I know -- it is like my IPad, which I think is cool. The computer, though, bugs me when I cannot minimize the windows to get where I want when I want to do it.  I like my monitor, and I really like the Magic Mouse. I don't like the wireless keyboard, and I find it really hard to type on it. I am thinking of buying a standard USB keyboard, and then keeping this wireless one for my IPad or when I get a laptop down the road. It is cool, but I make a ton of errors, and that just bugs me.

Lastly, and this is just an update post for my blog -- I have had some issues with knowing what to do regarding my next step in my schooling. I have received word from the Lord that I am to go to Rio Salado this fall to complete my foreign language. However, I have not received word to go on to ASU. I have received word to go to Regent, but I guess I am confused. I don't want to give up ASU or Regent -- Time wise, I cannot afford to miss any of these cues. So I am waiting for the Lord to give me confirmation on which way to go today. I am asking Him to provide a clear and direct path so that I know exactly which direction to take. God is Good all the time, and I know He will provide good clear directions for me to follow. Amen, so be it, thy will be done! Selah!

No comments: