April 15, 2012

The Lion of Judah


As I sit here today, I am reminded of this verse from the Word:

For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear them and go away; I will take them away, and none shall rescue him. ~Hosea 5:14 KJV

The Lord our GOD is an awesome terror -- great and mighty -- and filled with wrath for the ungodly and wicked. Yet, in His tender mercy, He is a gracious Father, Loving and Kind, and a King worthy of all our praise. How is it possible that the God we worship, the God we trust, and the God we look to for safety and shelter, can be both benevolent, and filled with wrath?

I was surfing the net looking for background pictures, and came across this one which I saved for my desktop. This is a imitation of Aslan, the Jesus Christ figure in the Chronicle of Narnia series. This picture reminds me most of the God I expect to see when I am at His feet in Heaven. This is the face of the One who is both loving and compassionate, yet totally awesome in power. I love this picture, and it comforts me to know that my God and my King is like a roaring lion -- able to devour and able to save.

But one of the twenty-four elders said to me, "Stop weeping! Look, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the heir to David's throne, has won the victory. He is worthy to open the scroll and its seven seals." ~ Revelation 5:5 NLT

The Lion of Judah has prevailed. He has overcome, and He holds the victory in His Hand for all who will trust in His Mighty Name: Jesus.

May God be praised today and forever more. Amen, so be it, thy will be done.

No comments: