April 17, 2012

Rejoicing for God is Good

I went into work today later than usual, just to give me a little down time and a more relaxed morning. My day was pretty normal for a Tuesday. I made about 80 calls, talked with three new students, and generally took care of my every day business. I had a meeting with my new manager, again -- a nice change for me -- and a very surprising phone call from an outside recruiting firm. The recruiter wanted to know if I was interested in a Web Development position for a local firm. I really wasn't sure what to say, so I tentatively said "yes." The position is temp to perm, something I really don't want to do right now, but the money was better and the job would be familiar ground to me. I considered it a gift from the Lord, for after all, He said to me that I needed to step out in faith today.

I am sitting here thinking to myself that I have had two new opportunities for work in the past couple days. Both are for graphics or web design, which surprises me most. I mean, after all, I tried to get hired as a designer last year, and no one would take serious interest in me.  Now I am set in my position as an educational advisor and recruiters are looking at me again. Weird, to say the least.

I really don't know what to do. I want a new job, but I also don't want to give up the security of this position. I want benefits, and I want a stable paycheck. I am doing well at my current job, and I am getting noticed by upper management. I don't want to jump ship, but I also don't want to keep doing what I am doing for much longer.

This morning, the Lord had me write down that I struggle with change, and that often I am content to stay in one place, even if the conditions are not a good fit for me. Better to be miserable than to have to deal with change. I guess He is correct. I would rather stay put than try something new and find out I had made a mistake. Hmm....sounds just like me...giving into my fear again.

Ok, continued stepping out in faith right now. Lord, so be it. I will stay put if this is your will or I will look elsewhere, again only in your will. You provide the next job for me, and I will do the work. I let go of the rest -- the details, the whereabouts, and the wherefores. Take me where ever you see an opening that pleases you and accomplishes your will. You are God, and you can make this happen. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: