April 17, 2012

This is the Day the Lord has made...

This is the Day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! ~Psalm 118:24 NLT


I sing praise to God today, giving Him honor and preference. He is Good, and His will is Good. I love the Lord with my whole heart, and I look to Him for my strength and my salvation. May God be praised today, and forevermore. May God be praised today!

As I sit here today, I have made a decision about my life. I am ready to do the Lord's will, to complete His calling on my life, but some things need to change. I know this, I have known it for a while, but I have struggled to accept this change because it means upset for me. By upset, I simply mean that I do not handle change well, and I prefer things, everything in my life, to be stable, to run smoothly. I love balance, and I desire that all things be in balance in my life. This means that often I accept less than perfect situations so that change will not occur. I want to remain steady, and not have to deal with new people or new things or new events, so I choose to remain still even when I know that I need to move.

Today I am taking a step of faith. I am stepping out in belief that God is greater than all my fears and that His word to me is true. I am choosing to no longer believe the lie that I am less than I need to be, that I am in such a state that I cannot do what God is calling me to do. I have believed that lie for so many years, and it is the root of my fear of failure. I no longer want to be that way, I want to be victorious and I want to be all the God has made me to be. I am choosing to live my life fully engaged, and fully realized so that I can go where He calls me to go, and I can do the work He is asking me to do.

I am ready, I am willing, and I am agreeing with the Lord that His way is best, that He knows where He is leading me, and that I am able to do all that He asks of me in the Name of Jesus. I have His power, I have His authority, and I go in His Name; therefore, there is nothing that can stop me, no one who will stand against me. I am anointed and I am able to do all things through the blessedness of Christ who has saved me (Phil. 4:13).

This is my decision today:


  • No longer fear my graduate schooling choice, No longer worry about the details of it including how to complete assignments or what grades I will get. I am choosing to trust the Lord and believe that I will do well because He has chosen this path for me, and I am anointed to succeed.
  • No longer concern myself with my job or the tasks assigned to that job. God has provided work for me to do, and while it is not perfect at this time, it is work. I will go to my job, do the work, and not feel personally responsible for anyone's choices. I will stand for what is right, do what is right, but I will not be pressured into performing for anyone other than my Lord.
  • As I consider options for new work, I will trust the Lord to provide that work to me. It is His call now, and that means that it is not about me figuring out how to get another job or deciding on which job to apply for or take. The Lord provides and I will do whatever job He brings to me.
  • I let the rest be because there is nothing in my life that matters more than the work I do for the Lord. I live for Him, and I devote my time, my energy, my life, and all the makes up my soul to Him. I am no longer living to please any man. I am no longer living to prove that I can do certain things well. I know that everything that succeeds is of the Lord. Every thing I do is empowered by Him for success, and therefore, there is nothing I can do that profits Him in any way.
  • I go out today as a new person, convinced of the supremacy of my God, knowing that everything He has promised will come to pass, and that everything I am do to is in the works. There is nothing out of sorts, nothing wrong, nothing to fear or worry about this day. God is Good, He is in control, and His will is perfect. My life is blessed because of His blessing to me.
Dear Lord,

I confess your Name today, and I give you praise. I have been living in fear and been consumed by doubt over the past couple months. You have been more than faithful to me, and you have kept your word to me. Everything you have promised me has come to pass, and everything yet to be is in process. All things will be as you have said, and I am ready to move forward into the next phase of my life. I ask now for your blessing upon my life this day, and I ask for the grace to do your will. I want to please you in all things, to obey your word to me, and to keep focused and directed on your plans. I know I can do this because of Christ who lives within me. I can do all things through the Name of Jesus -- the Christ -- the risen Lord. Amen, so be it, thy will be done. Selah!

No comments: