June 9, 2012

With God -- Anything is Possible

It is so hot today, nearly 100 plus. I just walked in the door, dropped everything at the entry, and came on upstairs to cool off. I have my fan on in the bedroom, and the breeze is so refreshing. My air conditioner is set at 80, which is where I hope to keep it though the entire summer. My APS bill jumped from $100 per month to $160, and this was for June (May timeframe). I am anticipating that my AC will push that cost up towards $200 for July-August. The good news is that we are doing OK with the thermostat at 80. My son's room gets a lot hotter, so I am trying to come up with a plan to help him beat the intense heat from the south side of the building. I am thinking of getting some blackout curtains for his windows and maybe some tinting to put on the inside. I have to do something since his room gets sun almost all day long.

On the other front, I am feeling so well today. God has done a miraculous work in my life, helping me turn from this awful downward spiral to a soaring uplift in positivism. The more I think about the path I am on, the more convinced I am that I am where I am supposed to be (oh my -- three 'am" statements in one sentence!) Yes, I know this is the right path. Yes, I know I am doing exactly what God wants me to be doing. I know this is right -- it just FEELS RIGHT.

I have tried to get this feeling back, oh for so long now. It has alluded me, no matter how hard I have tried to get it back, I couldn't do it. I prayed, I confessed, I surrendered -- I did it all -- but nothing helped, nothing worked. Then one day last week God did it, and made my life better. He took what was wrong or what I thought was wrong and turned it into something of His own creation. My job at UOPX hasn't changed. I didn't get a promotion. I didn't make great progress on my diet. Nope, I did nothing -- but He did something -- and I am blessed because for it.

I am right where I was last Saturday. Nothing has changed:

  • I have an "I" on my transcript still. My professor hasn't posted my grade yet, and there is no word on my official graduation.
  • I am still an Enrollment Advisor, still responsible for making 100 calls a day. I still have few students, and I am still getting 1-2 calls per day. I am still feeling pressure to perform and master SSP.
  • I am still married, yet single. I am content where I am, but there has been no change in my status.
  • I am still at 160-162 lbs, some 20-25 lbs above where I should be in my weight.
  • I am still struggling with the cello. I am still learning the same old material, still making the same old mistakes.
  • I am still tired and weary every night, and I still fall asleep in the chair when I come home.
Yet -- I am renewed. I am feeling GREAT, and I believe that "all things are possible with God." (Luke 1:37)
  • I enrolled at UOPX to start a Visual Communication Certificate program (beginning June 26th).
  • I applied at Regent University for a PhD in Communication (Summer 2013) and I am collecting all my documents to submit by end of year.
My heart is singing, and I am happy to be where I am today. I don't know what next week will bring, but I know it will be good because He is GOOD. I am trusting Him to take care of all these details, all the plans, and to meet every need. I am at rest, He is Good, and I am blessed. God is so very Good to me!


No comments: