August 20, 2012

News from the Home Front

Got word today that my nephew from Southern California is coming to Grand Canyon University! Hooray!! I am so happy for him. He is studying Sports Management, and GCU has an excellent program. He was stuck at home, unable to register for more than two courses at his local CC, so coming here to AZ and to GCU is going to enable him to continue to pursue his education. I am really looking forward to spending some quality time with him. He is a great young man, filled with so much potential. I am really, really excited to see him flourish as he develops into a mature and Godly man.

In other news, my son started his second to last semester at PVCC. I cannot believe that he is a sophomore and that he will be moving on to ASU in the fall of 2013 (to study Linguistics). He is such a fantastic kid -- I love him to pieces -- and I am so very proud of him.

I guess today has been a pretty rock solid day for me. It started out rather ho-hum, but ended up being potentially spectacular. I worked my way through my day, not much to report there, just numbers and progressing a couple students. I came home early so I could take my son to his evening class (he passed his driving test -- but I am not ready for him to take my car out at night). I checked my vmail and lo and behold, there was a message from the Dean of Academic Affairs at one of our local for-profit schools. She was calling to discuss my application for a teaching position (PTL!) I wasn't able to reach her, so I left her some vmail. Hopefully, I can give her a call tomorrow in the morning, and set up a phone interview. I am so very excited. This will be the first interest in my resume for a faculty position. I am trusting the Lord to provide for me -- and while this position is part-time -- it is a real classroom teaching post in my field (English). I am jazzed and I am so very hopeful.

Dear Lord, 

Thank you for bringing a sweet reminder of your Gracious Provision into my life today. I am excited about the opportunity to interview for a teaching position. I ask now that your will be done, and that you will bless me with good prospects for this position. I am trusting you to provide for me, and I know that you will do as you have promised. You are Faithful, and you are Trustworthy, Lord. I ask this now in the Power of Jesus' Name, Amen. So be it, thy will be done. Selah!

No comments: