September 6, 2012

Ready to Resign

I don't have official word yet on my lab test and employment background screening check. I had hoped that I would hear back yesterday, but no such luck. Work was a grind, so much so, that I am at the point of resigning just to take some time off and rest. I am exhausted, and I am feeling so unwell right now. I would like to stay at home for a couple of days, and just rest -- rest before I start my new job so that I could be 100% ready to take on new job duties.

This morning, I woke up at my usual 5:30. I laid back down for a quick 15 minutes and one-half hour later, I was still asleep. I dragged myself downstairs at 6:00 and made my coffee. I then gave my self one-half hour to sit in the chair and have my coffee (my treat on days when I can go in at 8). I promptly fell asleep again, and here it is 7:30 and I am not even dressed. I am anticipating what to do right now, and I have a dilemma of sorts.

I had planned to take 1/2 day tomorrow because I am working a split shift on Saturday. I need to take my son over to the MVD again (last week they were closed), so my plan was to do that tomorrow am, then work 4 hours. Ok, best laid plans.

I am thinking that I might take time this morning, and then take some time tomorrow as well, and mix it up. I really need to resign, but part of me wants to wait for official acceptance by CVS Caremark. I was supposed to start on Monday, but without that clearance, I may not be able to start until next Monday (17th). My payday is tomorrow, and that will cover me for rent and most bills. My next payday would be the 21st, and that would cover me for rent for October. If I work next week, then I would have another full paycheck coming to me before I start my new job. The new job runs on the pay schedule so lets see if this works out:

9/4-9/14 - timecard would pay out on the 9/21
9/17-9/28 - timecard would pay out on 10/5

Leave UOPX on the 14th and begin CVS on 9/17.  This would work so that I would get a full paycheck from UOPX and then work three weeks and get a full paycheck on 10/5. Even if I only get a partial paycheck, I would be OK. My rent would be covered for October, and most of my bills that come early on in the first week.

Ok, that settles it. I need to tell Caremark that I will start on the 17th because it works better for me pay-period wise and also because I do need to give a notice to my employer. Good settled.

Now, what do I do with today and tomorrow and Saturday. I am OK with this because I have three students starting next week, and I have formed relationships with them. I can walk them to class, give my notice to my employer and then have time to say good-bye. I like it.

If I go into work late today, say around 9 a.m. then I could work until 3 p.m. (no lunch). Or I could take the whole day off today, use my vacation, and then work tomorrow from 6-10 a.m. and have my afternoon off. I like that idea, but it does mess things up for me. The more vacation I take, the less pay I get on the 21st. Hmmm....

Well, lets consider what I need to do today, and whether driving down to UOPX is worth it to me. I walked all my students to class, they are all doing well, and should be OK until tomorrow. I told all that I would touch base with them tomorrow. So I think I could take the whole day off, and just cruise today -- get some things done and rest. I like this idea. Tomorrow, with the MDV and all, I won't get much done. Ok, now I am thinking that I will do this -- take today as a personal day. Tomorrow, I will get my son up early so we can be at the DMV when it opens (at 8). I can then go into work and work until 3 or 3:30 -- leave in time for Chamber and take less time of my vacation (so less money comes out).

Today -- minus 8 hours
Tomorrow -- 10-3:00 plus 5 hours
Saturday -- plus 4 hours

This will work. I need to make up one hour this week, and this way will cover my split shift as well as give me opportunity to rest, get to the MVD and make up my missing hour. God is so very GOOD to me.

Other News

I need to create a resignation letter. I am still uncertain when to tell my employer I am leaving. In most normal situations, you give a two-week notice. At UOPX, if it is non-competitive, then you can normally work out a notice. I would be giving them 1 week, which is a little short, but so be it. It is better than just walking away from them. I will just say that my new employer needed me to start on the 17th and this was conditional on acceptance. So be it.

Whew! I feel so much better now. Not only do I "feel" better physically, but now I have a road map and plan. I don't have to worry about the screening test taking longer than usual, and I can know that my rent for October is covered. I was so worried about paying all my bills this month. Leaving jobs is stressful, and then trying to figure out money, when you are so dependent upon it, doubles the anxiety. Yes, I know that God is my provider -- but my flesh cries out and worries about bounced checks, etc. God is so very GOOD to me, and I know He has all this "covered!"

Checklist

Alright, I took care of my resignation letter. I have it typed and ready to be delivered to my new manager next week. I am still struggling with the two-week notice, but the Lord seems to be telling me not to worry over it, and so I am letting it be.

Now to plan out this day, and to rest and enjoy my day off. I am happy with my decision to stick out UOPX for one more week. I feel more comfortable with this plan, and it makes sense to me.

Some things I need to do:

  1. Take my pants to the dry cleaners
  2. Grocery shopping
  3. Wash my car
Just called Mom and she wants to take me to brunch. God is so very GOOD to me.

Sometimes it is amazing to see what God is doing in my life. Sometimes I marvel at His Mysterious way of planning and accomplishing tasks. Sometimes I sit here and just consider His WAY. I see how far off the mark I am, how much I miss out when I don't trust Him completely, and how much He controls all the details -- for my GOOD! Oh, if only I could trust Him this way, rely upon Him, and REST in faith! May it be so, Lord -- May it be so!

Dear Adonai,

I cry out to you today, and I give you praise. You have given me the direction to go, and you have planned my day and week. I thank you for your providential care and for the fact that I can know what to do, and when to do it. I am trusting you now to provide a clean exit from my current employer, and a fresh start with my new employer. I ask that you would cover me financially and enable me to transition smoothly, without any major interruption in my pay cycle. I also ask that you would provide a way for me to accomplish the remaining tasks so I can be accepted to Regent, and know that I have my education set and paid for (with loans, scholarships, etc.) I also ask that you would cover my time this week, and next, and give me the grace to exit the University on a very high note. You are GREAT and You are GRACIOUS toward me. I know you will do these things, and I ask them now in your GREAT NAME and in the Power of Your GREAT NAME. Amen, so let it be.

Update 9/7/12

Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. God is so very good to me. He has provided a way out for me, and He has shown me what to do. I trust in His Faithfulness and in His Promise. I look to His Hand for blessing and provision. I look up, and I wait for Him to show me what to do next. God is so very good to me this day.

No comments: