September 7, 2012

When it Rains, it Pours

It is funny how I asked for it to rain this morning, and it DID! Oh my goodness!! I took my son out to the MVD at 8:00 only to get stuck in a downpour and to find out that the camera at the office was down. I was soaked, and had wet fet -- but we trotted over to the other MVD office to try our luck in getting a license made. Unfortunately, after 1.5 hours waiting, we were told that my son's road test (through a local driving school) was not accepted and that he was randomly chosen to re-test. Not too much of an issue, except that it was pouring outside, and all road tests were cancelled.

Moreover, the random selection process has caused significant issues for my son. First off, we have one car -- mine. It is a small manual transmission, and he has been practicing driving it for a couple weeks. To take the road test, he has to bring his own car or a car. He cannot test in my car, and we don't have another vehicle available right now. Second, the road test at the MVD is stringent, and they are known for not passing drivers. So here is my son, almost 19, and stuck without his license. He has completed driving school classroom instruction, and four hours of road driving (with instructor) and about 10 hours of parent driving.

I took last Friday off to take him for his license, and all the servers were down. I take a couple extra hours today to take him back again, and the camera is down -- no license photos today. We go to the other office, and because of the rain, there are no road tests -- and since he was selected randomly for a retake -- we have to come back again.

I give up, Lord! Either you do not want him to drive or you are telling us to wait. Why, Lord? Am I not listening or did I forget to ask your permission to take this step? I am confused, and I am upset (over spending the money), and I feel stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

Lastly, I called my new manager to let him know that I am not coming in today. I tried to send him email but it bounced. I found out that my split shift with a coworker is no longer allowed. I have to work tomorrow because I made the commitment to do so. However, now I am really concerned about the red flag I threw up for everyone to see. Oh my, what do I do?

I did get confirmation that I can start my new job on Monday, 9/17. I so want this over with, and I so do not want to go into work today. Lord, why is this happening to me?

I feel like everything is upside down, and that I am walking in the wrong direction, doing the wrong thing, and taking the wrong path. I am confused and I don't know what to do. Please Lord, help me to understand what is going on right now. I ask this in your name, and I pray now for help and clarification. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: