November 17, 2012

I Am Ready to Go Lord!

It is Saturday, and I have to work! UGH! My team has to put in full-days over the weekend so as to make our production deadline. Personally, I don't mind -- it is not that I have a lot to do. It is more that I have been sick, and that while I am feeling better, the extra work hours could play a factor in my ability to make it through the rest of our Welcome Season at work. I struggle with Chronic Fatigue  so keeping myself healthy is of critical importance. I know that the Lord has me covered, so I am resting in His Sufficiency and Grace. I know He will see me through these extra demands, and keep me well. He is so Good like that -- He is GOOD all the time!


As I sit here and think upon that Good News -- that God is Good all the time -- I cannot help but wonder (yea, marvel) at how marvelous God really is to me. I mean, God has shown up in my life, right when I needed Him most, and He has stuck around. He has stood beside me, and He has not left me. Cool, when you think about it, and even cooler, when you realize that God's Faithfulness and Promises are sure (you can be confident in them).

In Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT, it says:

"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you."

Again, the writer of Hebrews reiterates this promise, "For God has said, "I will never fail you. I will never abandon you."

I personally like what Jeremiah 32:40 NLT states about our response to God's Goodness:

"And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me."

God has promised His Goodness to us. He has covenanted with us, made an agreement to keep His part of the promise. In return, we are to worship Him. The great thing about God's Covenants is that He makes a promise to us, and we make a promise to Him (evens); but because of our flawed humaneness  God extends His Grace to enable us to keep our word. God promises and He keeps both sides of the covenantal agreement. He is Faithful, and He is so very Good to us.

So with this in mind, I think about the words of Jeremiah, and I remember what God has done for me. I think about the desires I have in my heart -- desires that include worship, but also that include ways in which I can serve Him and minister to others. God has put His desires into my heart, and my spirit cries out with His Spirit -- yea, and Amen -- so be it, thy will be done. I can no longer separate my desires from His. I can no longer pursue any other desires but the ones He has placed within me. I can try, of course, but then I would have to willingly choose to walk in fleshly ways. This would require a lot of effort on my part, and it would mean that I would have to give a reason to the Holy Spirit (sort of like being sent to the Principal to give an answer for a bad behavior choice). I never liked having to go up to the "office," and since becoming a Christian, I have learned that the Heavenly Office, gives the same sense of dread. Thankfully, my Principal is benevolent, and only desires my Good. Still, I don't want to disappoint Him, and have to give cause for my choice. It is far better to remain in agreement with His choices, and to let Him guide and direct my life. I hope that makes sense.

God is so very Good in that way. He knows what is best for us, and He so desires that we allow His Holy Spirit to guide and direct our ways. God wants to be in every part of our lives, not just our Sunday Worship. He wants to give us direction for every decision we make, for every move we consider. Yet, so often, we do things in our own way, using our own judgment (remember Prov. 3:5-6). We are cautioned against using our judgment to direct our lives. We do it, and then when the result turns out poorly, we run to God, and we beg Him to explain His reasoning for this or that -- OR -- we beg Him to fix the mess we have caused.

I made the decision quite a while ago that every part of me would belong to Him. I chose this path, and I have not regretted my decision. It has proven to be successful, and it has turned out more favorable than I could have ever anticipated. I have had enough experience with God to know that His Way is always Good. His Way is for our best. I want His best in my life, and I am no longer interested in doing things my way. I am blessed. God has shown up, and He has delivered me from the hands of my enemies. His Word is truth (John 17:17b) and I am good.


No comments: